About Sexual Assault
What is Sexual Assault?
Sexual violence affects women from all ages and backgrounds. Sexual assault can be of different kinds and includes rape, sexual abuse, child sexual abuse, rape within marriage/relationships, It may be committed by a complete stranger, by someone you know, a friend or family member, or a partner.
What should I do if I believe that I have been sexually assaulted?
- Find a safe location
- Report to the police by contacting 112 or go to the nearest police station.
- If you will be reporting to the police, make sure to preserve evidence. So it is important that you do not bathe, wash your hands, brush your teeth, eat or smoke,
- Go to Mater Dei Hospital and ask for Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
- Tell a friend, relative, parents.
- Visit a doctor.
- Contact Victim Support Malta or seek help from Agenzija Appogg.
Always remember that what happened is not your fault.